Join Flugpo Today And Discover The Difference!

Click Pic Below To Buy And Sell For Free!

Friday, November 16, 2007

It's A Wonderful Life


It seems like the appropriate time of year to talk about my favorite leading man Jimmy Stewart. One of his best known movies "It's A Wonderful Life" is usually aired on television every Thanksgiving Day. I watch that movie each year and know I will never tire of it.
I am only thirty something..... so it might be unusual to be such a big fan of an actor from Hollywood's golden age. I even made a website about him. Here is my story:


My favorite actor of all time is Jimmy Stewart. I stumbled upon
him in a funny way. My husband (at the time he was my boyfriend) opened the world of Jimmy Stewart for me. He loved classic movies and watched them often. We were both teenagers then and watching classic movies is not a typical teenage
favorite. To tell you the truth, it drove me nuts that he watched these movies!


One day, he wanted to watch "It's A Wonderful Life". I was
slightly annoyed and thought of several other things that I would prefer to do. He finally convinced me to give it a try and promised that I would love it. I grudgingly gave in and prepared to watch it. I was enthralled by it from the beginning.

The story was interesting but the catcher was the moment Jimmy Stewart hit the screen. He was opeing his arms wide showing the store keeper what kind of suit case he wanted. Then...... he spoke. His way of speaking was so endearing and different to me. I think I fell in love at that very moment! It
was not a romantic type of love, just a love of something great.

"It's A Wonderful Life" has been my favorite movie from the very first time I watched it. After seeing it, I got my hands on every other movie that Jimmy Stewart has been in. I have been touched by them all. I feel very "peaceful" when I watch one of his films. There are times that I am feeling bad and pop one of his movies in to feel a little bit better for awhile. He has that
effect on me.

It is very hard to pick my favorite movies and put them in any
kind of order. These are my tops though: It's A Wonderful Life, Shenandoah, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and Harvey. I truly love them all from him being a young man to his much older roles.

I clearly remember the day Jimmy Stewart died. I was on a camping trip with my family read the rest......

Who is with me here? Shout out if you are a James "Jimmy" Stewart fan too!


No comments: