Join Flugpo Today And Discover The Difference!

Click Pic Below To Buy And Sell For Free!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Facebook Is The Hotel California Of The Net


Last month, I deleted my Facebook account. After I "deleted" my account, there was a message telling me I could reinstate the account at any time by signing in as usual. What??!!! How exactly is that "deleting" my account? Apparently Facebook prefers to keep your information even after you have chosen to delete your account.

I found this to be very annoying and apparently, I am not the only one. Boston.com writes "Facebook is forever, some users complain":


"Some users have discovered it is nearly impossible to remove themselves entirely from Facebook.com, setting off a fresh round of concern over the social network's use of personal data.

While the website offers the option to deactivate an account, Facebook servers keep copies of the information indefinitely. Many users who have requested that their accounts be deleted have not succeeded in erasing their records.

"It's like the Hotel California," said Nipon Das, 34, a director at a biotechnology consulting firm in Manhattan. "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

No comments: